Sunday, April 26, 2015

Lazy Weekend BBQ Ribs

Hope everyone is having a relaxing weekend wherever you are.  I just put some pork baby back ribs in the crockpot and am always amazed at how easy and low maintenance they are, but taste like I slaved over them all day.  I'll show you what I used, but obviously feel free to substitute your own BBQ dry rub and/or BBQ sauce du jour (of the day).  Pappy's Smokehouse makes one of  of my favs as of late, but Maul's Sweet and Smoky is what my mom always used when I was growing up.

Directions:

baby back pork ribs  - allow about 3/4 of a lb (uncooked) per person)
BBQ dry rub seasoning - I use Jack Stack BBQ rub
1/3 cup of vinegar (white or apple cider)
1 small bottle of BBQ sauce (I use Pappy's Smokehouse brand, Jane's Sweet flavor)
olive or canola oil spray

Season both sides of the ribs liberally with the dry rub, put the ribs in a plastic sealable bag, add the vinegar, and refrigerate for 1-3 hours.

When ready to cook, spray your crockpot with the oil (makes clean up easier), place the ribs standing up around the crockpot liner, pour 1/2-3/4 bottle of BBQ sauce directly on top of meat.

Cover and cook on high for 5 hours.  The meat should be falling off the bone when ready to eat.  DONE son!

No comments:

Post a Comment